How long does REGULAR MAIL & Express Mail take?
We use Eparcel OR Fastway for standard delivery
- Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne and Adelaide Metro: 2-5 *business days
- Other Capitals, NSW, QLD, VIC and SA Regional areas: 3-8 *business days
- WA, TAS, NT and Remote QLD areas: 7-12 *business days
EXPRESS POST : 1-3 BUSINESS DAYS
We use either Express Post, Fastway or Startrack Couriers for our EXPRESS DELIVERIES dependent on your location and at the discretion of Cakes Around Town. These take 1-3 *business days depending on your location. East Coast Metro areas are usually next business day.
What is SAME DAY DESPATCH?
If you order & pay by credit card for your shipment before 11am (Brisbane Time) we will ship your order the same day (except for custom made edible images). All other payment methods MUST clear before we send your order.
What Payment Methods do you take & what security methods do you use?
You can pay with VISA, Mastercard, PAYPAL and EFT (Transfer money to our bank).
We take credit card security very seriously. As such we DO NOT STORE ANY CREDIT CARD DETAILS, nor do we ask you to fill in a form with your credit card details on our website. ALL credit card processing is done by DIRECTONE and Securepay offsite.
How do I order a Customised Edible Image Sheet Topper?
1. Choose your shape and size of your image you want from our online selection found here:
- Place your order online and pay for it.
- You will receive a confirmation email from us, once you have completed your payment online almost instantaneously. This details your order number and shipping address.
- Reply to this email with your image attached and make sure your image is nice and BIG (good dpi 150+) so that it prints out clearly.
- Sit back and wait for us to send your image in our specially made hard card envelopes.
- Edible Image Sheets have a shelf life of 3 months before they start to fade.
WE PRINT EDIBLE IMAGES ON MONDAY, TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY EACH WEEK – They do not fall into our same day despatch as above. So please take this into our account when ordering and working out your times.
Shop, Office & Phone Hours?
Tuesday 10am – 4pm
Wednesday 10am – 4pm
Thursday 10am – 4pm
Friday 10am – 4pm
Saturday 9:30am – 12:30pm
Our shop and warehouse address is Unit 2/12 Sudbury Street, Darra, QLD 4076. We are closed on all major public holidays.
Do you offer Wholesale?
Yes we do! Create an account online including your ABN and once you have set this up – send us an email to email@example.com telling us you have set up your account. We will then switch you over to our wholesale which offers discounted prices on certain products we distribute. We offer additional discounts for larger order amounts too on all our products.
Do you offer Cake Decorating Classes and Courses in Brisbane?
Yes we offer cake decorating courses for beginners, intermediates and advanced cake decorators with some of the best tutors in Australia. Check out schedule online to see what is coming up. You can book online or use our handy payment plans.
How do you make sugar fondant go hard?
You add tylose/cmc or gum tragacanth to your sugar fondant, or you can make your own gumpaste, or use our premade modelling, mouldings and gumpastes that we currently sell. You then need to let it dry overnight.
Our premade modelling pastes can be found here: http://www.cakesaroundtown.com.au/catalog/icings-pastes-fondants-modelling-pastes-c-1_153_181.html
The item says Coming Soon?
It means it is out of stock at this present time, but is likely to be instock in the near future. Please enter your email address in the box next to the description of the product and you will be automatically notifed when it is back in stock.