Cake Lace Mix - BLACK 200g - BEST BEFORE
Please note that there will be NO RETURNS & NO REFUNDS available for this item.
Best Before: END JANUARY 2019
Please note that "best before" date means that the quality of the product may deteriorate after the specified date, however most manufacturers provide "best before" dates that are well before the deteriorating period to ensure that the product is still at its best. This means that the product is still safe to consume and with proper storage you can prevent the product from deteriorating.
Cake Lace Like No Other!
Cake Lace is so easy to use, simply make to manufacturers instructions, spread onto the mat and place in the oven at 80°C. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, take out of the oven and cool for five minutes, it is then ready to use. From start to finish your Cake Lace could be ready to use in less than 30 minutes.
The beauty of Cake Lace, once it has been made, is that it will stay moist and pliable for many months to allow you to create masterpieces that may take a period of time.
Cake Lace comes in a 2 separate parts, Part A and Part B. Please note that Part B is included inside Part A.
Claire has revised the instructions for the use of Part B. It is recommended you use these new instructions, found below, for that perfect Cake Lace!
Suitable for vegetarians and nut free.
To make 100g of Cake Lace:
1. Place 50ml of water into a food mixer. This doesn't have to be specifically hot or cold, just water from a tap is fine!
2. Add 4 tablespoons (42 grams) of Part A (powder)
3. Mix on high for 2 minutes
4. Add half a teaspoon (2.5 ml) of Part B (liquid) - Please note that Part B is included inside Part A.
5. Mix on high for 5 to 8 minutes until the Cake Lace looks smooth
6. Pour some Cake Lace mixture onto the mat and spread with the Cake Lace knife.
7. Cake Lace can be air dried (6-8 hours) or placed in a preheated oven at 50°C - 80°C (10 to 15 minutes)
8. When the Cake Lace is ready to be released, place face down on a greaseproof paper. Release with help from the knife.
9. To adhere the Cake Lace to your cake use a little water straight onto the covered sugarpaste cake. Place the Cake Lace on and press gently.
10. Any Cake Lace mixture that is left can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
A small amount of Part B liquid will be left over, this can be optionally added to create a softer lace.
Cake lace will remain pliable for many months, transporting your cakes will be a breeze.
Cake lace can be coloured using powder or gel pastes to achieve pastel colours. Airbrush or spray to achieve dark colours.
We recommend storing the finished Cake Lace in some grease-proof paper, wrapped closely. Then wrap that in foil, and store away from strong lights and odours.
Ingredients wheat, starch, Fructose, Glucose, thickener E440, Colourings: E171, E155, E151, E133; flavour Vanilla, preservative E202
Check out this video below as Claire Bowman herself shows you how to use the product.