Cake Lace PREMIX - PEARLIZED SOFT GOLD 200g
BEST BEFORE 05 / 18
This Cake Lace comes pre-mixed, and pre-coloured. All you need to do is apply this to your mat, following the instructions found below or on your tub.
The beauty of Cake Lace, once it has been made, is that it will stay moist and pliable for many months to allow you to create masterpieces that may take a period of time.
Suitable for vegetarians, nut, gelatin and gluten free
To make 100g of Cake Lace:
1. Preheat your oven to 70-80°C.
2. Spread your Cake Lace mix onto the mat, using a Cake Lace spreading knife. Work the mix in all directions to ensure there is even coverage.
3. Remove any excess with the Cake Lace spreading knife.
4. Place into your pre-heated oven for 8-10 minutes to dry the Cake Lace.
5. Remove from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes for the Cake Lace to cool.
6. Check that the Cake Lace is ready by peeling the edge of the Cake Lace from the mat. It should release easily. If it does not, the Cake Lace is not dry, so put it back in the oven for another two minutes, and then test that it is dry again.
7. Place the dried Cake Lace face down onto a clean surface and using the spreading knife, release it from the mat.
8. To fix the Cake Lace onto your cake or cupcakes, paint a small amount of edible glue onto the back of the Cake Lace and press it gently onto the cake. Alternatively, if you are not ready to use the Cake Lace, wrap it in greaseproof paper until you are ready to use it.
Cake lace will remain pliable for many months, transporting your cakes will be a breeze.
Cake lace can be coloured using powder or gel pastes to achieve pastel colours. Airbrush or spray to achieve dark colours.
We recommend storing the finished Cake Lace in some grease-proof paper, wrapped closely. Then wrap that in foil, and store away from strong lights and odours.
Ingredients water; anti-caking agent: E555; humectant: E1520; thickener: E466; colourings: E171, E172; emulsifier: E433; acidifier: E330; preserver: E202
Check out this video below as Claire Bowman herself shows you how to use the product.