Cake Lace Mix - WHITE 200g [CLMCB-200]
Cake Lace Like No Other!
Cake Lace is so easy to use, simply make to manufacturers instructions, spread onto the mat and place in the oven at 80°C. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, take out of the oven and cool for five minutes, it is then ready to use. From start to finish your Cake Lace could be ready to use in less than 30 minutes.
The beauty of Cake Lace, once it has been made, is that it will stay moist and pliable for many months to allow you to create masterpieces that may take a period of time.
Cake Lace comes in a 2 separate parts, Part A and Part B. Please note that Part B is included inside Part A.
Claire has revised the instructions for the use of Part B. It is recommended you use these new instructions, found below, for that perfect Cake Lace!
Suitable for vegetarians and nut free.
To make 100g of Cake Lace:
1. Place 50ml of water into a food mixer. This doesn't have to be specifically hot or cold, just water from a tap is fine!
2. Add 4 tablespoons (42 grams) of Part A (powder)
3. Mix on high for 2 minutes
4. Add half a teaspoon (2.5 ml) of Part B (liquid) - Please note that Part B is included inside Part A.
5. Mix on high for 5 to 8 minutes until the Cake Lace looks smooth
6. Pour some Cake Lace mixture onto the mat and spread with the Cake Lace knife.
7. Cake Lace can be air dried (6-8 hours) or placed in a preheated oven at 50°C - 80°C (10 to 15 minutes)
8. When the Cake Lace is ready to be released, place face down on a greaseproof paper. Release with help from the knife.
9. To adhere the Cake Lace to your cake use a little water straight onto the covered sugarpaste cake. Place the Cake Lace on and press gently.
10. Any Cake Lace mixture that is left can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
A small amount of Part B liquid will be left over, this can be optionally added to create a softer lace.
Cake lace will remain pliable for many months, transporting your cakes will be a breeze.
Cake lace can be coloured using powder or gel pastes to achieve pastel colours. Airbrush or spray to achieve dark colours.
We recommend storing the finished Cake Lace in some grease-proof paper, wrapped closely. Then wrap that in foil, and store away from strong lights and odours.
Ingredients wheat, starch, Fructose, Glucose, thickener E440, Colouring E171, flavour Vanilla, preservative E202 Emulsifier E433
Check out this video below as Claire Bowman herself shows you how to use the product.
Shockingly easy by Joanna Bickerton on 11/27/2017
This mix gives me a perfect result every time, so easy to colour, and to work with- reliability is invaluable, and I can trust this product to deliver the goods every time
Perfect every time by Louise Neagle on 07/05/2017
This product is so easy to mix, colour, apply. It is flexible, so can be stretched to fit if needed. It is my "go to" cake lace.
OMG this product is Brilliant .. by Anne Smith on 01/15/2016
100% satisfied. Love it. I will certainly be reordering. Loved the service and product. Thanks.
really great product by Rowena Geddes on 11/07/2014
this product is really great it works super good , is really easy to use and goes along way
Excellent product by Lisa Donnelly on 10/29/2014
I'm new to cake lace so panicked a bit when I saw the size of the tub and thought I would need to order more but it goes a very long way. It smells really yummy, didn't taste great on its own but mixed with the cake, ganache and fondant is fine.
Excellent product by Viv Morley on 07/21/2014
This product never fails me. Excellent to work with.
The best edible lace product out there by Sarah Xu on 06/06/2014
I have used all the different brands for making my lace, but nothing has come close to the quality and ease of use of Cake Lace. My personal hint is mix it in advance and leave overnight. It will be super smooth